Work with Us
If you are applying for an advertised position, please note that we will be in touch after the application closure date to provide you with an update on the status of your submission.
Work Experience for Secondary, Pre-Tertiary students
The TR Work Experience Program 2024 will place a limited number of students across five days each during Term 2 and 3 of 2024 (29 Apr to 27 Sep). Students must be in Year 10 or above in 2024 to participate in the program.
Please note that the TR Work Experience Program focuses on:
- Arts Administration
- Venue & Public Programming & Arts Education
- Basic Back of House & Technical Operations
- Basic Front of House Operations (Ticketing, Box Office and Customer Service).
It does not focus on dramatic or musical performance, or creative lighting, sound, staging or other technical production.
Students are required to submit a one-page written application stating:
- Who they are (a small bio in a paragraph)
- The dates they wish to do their placement – (the five days can be spent in one week or spread across five weeks)
- Any previous background in the performing arts or arts in general; including shows they have seen at the Theatre Royal or elsewhere at festivals, and what interests and inspires them
- Why they are interested in the opportunity (a paragraph detailing what they’d like to learn / achieve in the opportunity – self goal setting).
The contact details of a teacher who would be willing to act as their reference for this placement.
Theatre Royal will select successful student placements upon:
- Receiving the written application
- Finding suitable activity during the requested placement for the student to have the best and most successful experience.
We encourage students to approach us directly and will accept applications in various formats including video or written form. Students must be able to supply their own portable laptop computer to participate in the work experience placement.
General expressions of interest
From time to time, positions become available in the following departments: Front of House, Box Office and Technical Crew (audio, lighting, sound, staging, rigging, vision).
If you would like to express your interest in one of these departments, please send through a cover letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch if a suitable position becomes available.