You can be part of Australia’s oldest working theatre, an Australian icon, a Tasmanian treasure by becoming a Friend of the Theatre Royal.
Here’s what we aim to do
We assist in promoting the Theatre Royal to the people of Tasmania and Australia, its cultural and historical significance and its programs and events. We assist in raising funds for special projects or special purchases.
Here’s how you benefit
- You’ll be part of a group with similar interests
- You’ll learn about the Theatre Royal, its history and workings
- You’ll have the satisfaction of making an active contribution to fundraising and special projects
- You’ll have the chance to see behind the scenes and to meet cast and crew
- You’ll be part of exclusive events organised especially for and by the Friends
- You’ll receive a regular newsletter with up-to-the-minute news of the theatre, the Friends, and the Friends’ offers and activities
How you can become a Member of the Friends of the Theatre Royal
Just download and print the membership form, fill it in and send it with your payment to:
Friends of the Theatre Royal
PO Box 145
Hobart TAS 7001
Tours of the Theatre Royal
Tours of the Theatre Royal are conducted by the Friends of the Theatre Royal on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11am*. The cost of a tour is $15 for adults, $12 concession and $10 child, tours run for approximately 45 - 60 minutes.
* Tours operate subject to venue requirements and we suggest contacting the Box Office to confirm availability on (03) 6233 2299.